Mondays and rain clouds call for grilled cheese. 🧀: Pear Grilled Cheese. 📍: @mudsmith. 🏙: Dallas, TX. ➡️ Go #eatforyourself! 👇 Tag your friends 👇 #moodyfoodyadventures #grilledcheese #cheeseporn #eeeeeats #foodporn #foodgasm #foodaholic #🧀 #🍞 #Zagat #Thrillist #buzzfeast #newforkcity #feedyoursoull #spoonfeed #dallas #texas #dallasfood #dfwfood #dallasfoodie #melted #melting #pear #toasted #shesaidyes #wearefamily #mybesties #friendstime #workoutbuddy
*giveaway below* Binge eating fries, burgers and CHEESE is done best with BFFs at Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen _ And friends don’t let friends eat alone, especially when it's National Best Friends Month at @cheddarskitchen so we're giving you an excuse to still treat your BFF by GIVING AWAY 4 $25 gift cards! To enter: 1. Tag your bffs! 2. We'll announce a winner in 24 hours! _ 📷 @martaeats
Yay! The fourth of July is right around the corner and it’s time to start planning if you haven’t already. The fourth of July is one of the most celebrated, beloved holidays in the US (understandably) and there is never a shortage of events to choose from in the North Texas area. BBQing, swimming, games, drinking, eating, and of course, fireworks, all encompass some of the most popular fourth activities. If you haven’t planned out your day and night yet, or you have but still don’t know where you’re going to see the fireworks, here’s a list of events that promise to be full of independence celebration fun!
Saturday, July 2
- Concerts in the Garden: Old-Fashioned Family Fireworks Picnic – Located in the Fort Worth Botanic Garden, the Fort Worth Symphony puts on a spectacular show including a fantastic fireworks display. This event runs each night from the 2nd through the 4th.
Sunday, July 3
- Kaboom Town – Addison has one of the biggest fourth of July parties in North Texas, and it’s huge. Many consider it to be the biggest firework displays in Texas, and one of the biggest in the country. You’ll want to get there early to get a spot, and then hold on to that spot for dear life. This event is an all day one; it begins with a air show from Addison Airport, and then after the fireworks there will be a concert from Emerald City. If you want to celebrate independence with thousands of other people and one of the best firework displays you’ll find, Kaboon town is the place for you.
- Lone Stars and Stripes Fireworks Celebration – this celebration at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie is more like a fair than a party. They will have many features such as pony rides, petting zoo, obstacle course, zip line, bounce houses and more. There will also be live music and, of course, a fireworks display. A great option for families with younger kids.
- Red, White, and Boom on the Bridge – you can watch this fireworks display from either the Ronald Kirk Pedestrian Bridge, or west bound lanes of the Margaret Hunt Bridge. Everyone who has driven over the Margaret Hunt Bridge knows how spectacular the view of Dallas is when driving east bound. Now just imagine that view with a fireworks display in the mix, it’s truly one of the best Dallas fireworks experiences and maybe one of the best Dallas experiences in general.
- Light Up Arlington – located in downtown Arlington, Light Up Arlington is a fantastic, family friendly fourth celebration. You will not get bored waiting for the fireworks as there will be live music, kid zone activities, food trucks, and more. Then when the fireworks finally arrive, they will be synchronized with music from 95.6 The Ranch.
Monday, July 4
- Fair Park Fourth – is the city of Dallas’ fireworks show, and it’s a classic. Fair Park is a historic location and probably one of the most American places around Dallas to celebrate the fourth. Sit in the Cotton Bowl and watch as the fireworks light up the Dallas skyline, but before that, enjoy live music and great food.
- Arlington Fourth of July Parade – get to Arlington City Hall by 9am to watch this patriotic parade. It’s recommended you bring a folding chair and umbrella to block the sun.
- Fort Worth’s Fourth – in Panther Island Pavilion, this event is a great family friendly option. Set apart from the others because it includes a Aquafly fly board show (water fueled jetpacks). There will also be a jet ski show that is sure to get your adrenaline flowing. Between shows check out the kid activities and great food, and end it all with the self proclaimed “largest fireworks show in North Texas”.
There is no shortage of events to choose from, and whatever you do choose, it is bound to be another fantastic fourth of July!
For a full list of events, and more information, click here.
Buying a fixer upper is an easy and popular way to get into the real estate business as a “developer”. If it’s done correctly, completing a fixer upper can generate a good about of return. Of course fixer uppers have become increasingly more popular over the last few years, and if the cash is there it could be a good option as an investment. Especially here in North Texas where the real estate prices are expected to continue to climb over the next few year, investing in a fixer upper might be an excellent opportunity. As stated before, it must be done the right way; here are a few tips for when you’ve decided to buy:
- Check the zoning – this will tell you what you can and cannot do with the home, so it may be the most important part. Zoning can impact even the smallest parts of fixing up a home, such as what type of windows to install. It’s especially important in historic areas because zoning rules can be much more detailed to protect the history. To check on the zoning rules visit the municipality’s website or arrange to meet with a staff member.
- Have it inspected – this should be done when purchasing any house, but it’s especially important with fixer uppers so you know exactly what will need to be replaced and much you may need to spend. A home inspector will check things like the foundation, the plumbing and electricity, among other things. Walk through the building with the inspector and ask any questions you may have. You may want to ask about any specific issues having to do with the region, or neighborhood you’re in; for example maybe the water mains are old.
- Hire and architect/contractor – you should get a professionals opinion on you’re new design plan for the house. The architect will also be able to point out the load-bearing walls, which is so incredibly important. Get different quotes when hiring a contractor and choose the one you trust and feel most comfortable with. Having a professional fix the home instead of you trying to do it yourself will pay dividends in the long run.
- Look into tax incentives – some areas give tax credits to homeowners that improve their home, something to check out.
Handling a fixer upper is not as easy as it seems, there is a lot to think about and a lot of money at steak. Perhaps above all, remember to be patient, make educated decisions, and enjoy the process.
@Regrann from @royalbluegroceryhp – We're in donut heaven!! #jaramsdonuts #sundayfunday #highlandparkvillage #doughnuts #dallasfoodie #dallasrestaurants #foodporn #deepellum #downtowndallas #rangers #cowboysnation #mavericks #spoonsmu #unt #utdallas #dmagazine #dallasobserver #jaramsdonuts #frisco #plano #addison #zagat #lakewoods #oaklawn #oakcliff #cronut #croissantdonut #foodgasm #dfwinsta
Jalepeño Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup #LetMeEat #dallas #dallastx #texas #dallaseats #happyhour #lunch #cheese #grilledcheese #spicy #picoftheday #hungry #fat #yum #yummy #monday #food #instafood #foodporn #foodie #foodgasm #foodstagram #foodpics #foodpic #foodphotography #foods #foodlover #foodies #foodblogger #myfab5
Dallas is growing, quickly. That’s no secret, we all know that by now, but where is the actual growth happening? 76% of new construction is outside the city of Dallas. Of course if you’re up in the Plano/Frisco area you’re seeing the boom first hand on a daily basis, but others might not be seeing it as much. If you look at growth by zip code this is what you find:
For multi family development the majority of the growth is actually close to Dallas city center. The zip code with the highest multi family growth is the 75201 zip code, which incorporates most of downtown and about half of uptown. In second is the 75204 zip code, followed by 75219 and 75206 zip codes.
Single family development shows a different picture, however. Most of the building permits were issued in the Preston Hollow and Lakewood areas. North Dallas is seeing much of the single family construction, as expected.
Overall top growing zip codes are 75253, 75214, and 75206. (See chart)
Chances are everyone has seen some growth. Dallas is growing as a huge rate and it will continue. But look to these zip codes as carrying most of the growth weight.
With Father’s Day coming this Sunday it’s time to start thinking about where to celebrate and thank dad. Luckily, Dallas has many restaurants offering special menus for the day. Here are some of the best ones we could find:
- Meso Maya – the chef at Meso Maya has created a special entree for dad; a dry aged ribeye served with wood roasted sweet onions, summer poblano corn, and tamarind steak sauce, for $35. They will also have their full menu available.
- Ocean Prime – will have a special father’s day brunch menu including crab and eggs, blueberry french toast, and braised short ribs, among others. Prices range from $14-$18.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – offering all dads a $25 gift card for any future visit.
- III Forks – offering a special prime bone-in ribeye for $33.
- Fearing’s – special 3 course meal for $85. With options including shrimp cocktail, biscuits and gravy, french toast, BBQ, mahi mahi, and beef tenderloin.
There are many more options for father’s day, you have a place you love add yours in the comment area! And of course, thanks to all the dads!
Rub me in cheese and call me Mac! 🧀😍 Discovering Dallas with @awol_aus and took them to Pecan Lodge for some BBQ and this amazing Jalapeño Mac & Cheese. 🧀: Jalapeño Mac & Cheese. 📍: @pecanlodge. 🏙: Deep Ellum, Dallas. ➡️ Go #eatforyourself! 👇 Tag your friends 👇 #moodyfoodyadventures #macandcheese #baconlover #eeeeeats #foodporn #foodgasm #foodaddict #🧀 #macaroni #cheesing #elbow #pile #bbqsauce #cheeseporn #shesaidyes #wehavefun #sharefood #zagat #forkyeah #newforkcity #feedyoursoull #spoonfeed #dallastexas #bigd #dallas #dallasfoodie #dallaseats #mybestie #happyboy
I haven't had falafel in years. Not really a top choice for diners here in #Texas. But having lived in #NYC for a long time, I missed the chance to walk outside my building and grab something from a dude in a cart, on the street. #DC establishment @amsterdamfalafelshop has made their way to #dallas, so I sat down and gave it a go. I liked it. Not smack you in the face amazing, but a good, quick #lunch. The pita bread it came in was a little thick for me, detracting from some of the tastes. Loved the do-it-yourself topping bar and everything was very fresh. Double fried fries were legit. Worth a try for something different and I'll be trying the shawarma bowl next time.
The fav burger of the night out of 8 options was the Lockhart Legend Burger. Bacon, cheddar, Dr Pepper BBQ sauce, pickles and 2 fat onion rings was a definite winner! The salmon burger was a favorite non-moo burger if you want other options. Can't wait to recap the gluttony on the blog. @grubburgerbar sure knows how to throw a taste party and are opening a second location in Plano this summer! Thanks for treating my friends and I to an amazing night. #Iheartgrub #grubburgerbar #comped #dallasblogger
Steak me home, baby! Shooting some video today with @awol_aus for the local hot spots in Dallas! 🍔: Philly Cheesesteak 📍: @truckyardtexas. 🏙: Lower Greenville, Dallas. ➡️ Go #eatforyourself! 👇 Tag your friends 👇 #moodyfoodyadventures #cheesesteak #eeeeeats #foodporn #foodgasm #foodaholic #🍔 #rolls #takemehome #lunchbreak #zagat #forkyeah #eatfamous #feedyoursoull #myfab5 #foodporndaily1 #devourpower #cheatdayeats #shelovesme #rollie #hoagie #lifts #pullups #mybestfriend #dallaseats #dallastx #dfw #mylover #grease
Not all renovations or makeovers have to be expensive, there are many that can completely change a room for less than $500. These small changes can vastly improve a homes showability and even price. Here are some easy, cheap options that can provide great results:
- Add a new backsplash in the kitchen – you can even do this yourself, just get some sealer, grout and rent a tile cutter and you’re set! And the actual tile of course.
- Refinish cabinet doors – this can really revitalize your kitchen. If you want a new modern look, even installing new glass doors is fairly inexpensive for the result.
- Get a large indoor potted plant – put it in your living room for a nice pop of color and texture. Great thing to put in awkward corners.
- Add crown molding to a room – this can give a nice stately feel can can greatly increase the price of the home. Pretty quick installation.
- Add a sliding door – replace a door to a room with a sliding door on a track; this adds a really interesting, nice design element that can really take a room a long way.
- Wallpaper a half-bath – Wallpaper is cheaper than paint and can add a nice texture in a half-bath.
- Paint the porch floor – dark blue and grey are nice options for this. Be sure to get a paint made for the porch so it can withstand the foot traffic.
- Add shutters – classic look. Get vinyl shutters to save money.
These are all great options to improve your home. This can all be done for about $4,000 (depending on the size) but will look like a million bucks. You can tell people it was a million bucks if you want, we wont say anything.