Not all renovations or makeovers have to be expensive, there are many that can completely change a room for less than $500. These small changes can vastly improve a homes showability and even price. Here are some easy, cheap options that can provide great results:
- Add a new backsplash in the kitchen – you can even do this yourself, just get some sealer, grout and rent a tile cutter and you’re set! And the actual tile of course.
- Refinish cabinet doors – this can really revitalize your kitchen. If you want a new modern look, even installing new glass doors is fairly inexpensive for the result.
- Get a large indoor potted plant – put it in your living room for a nice pop of color and texture. Great thing to put in awkward corners.
- Add crown molding to a room – this can give a nice stately feel can can greatly increase the price of the home. Pretty quick installation.
- Add a sliding door – replace a door to a room with a sliding door on a track; this adds a really interesting, nice design element that can really take a room a long way.
- Wallpaper a half-bath – Wallpaper is cheaper than paint and can add a nice texture in a half-bath.
- Paint the porch floor – dark blue and grey are nice options for this. Be sure to get a paint made for the porch so it can withstand the foot traffic.
- Add shutters – classic look. Get vinyl shutters to save money.
These are all great options to improve your home. This can all be done for about $4,000 (depending on the size) but will look like a million bucks. You can tell people it was a million bucks if you want, we wont say anything.